Located in southern Vermont in West Dover, Mount Snow is the most accessible Green Mountain getaway from southern metropolitan areas. Found on Route 100 (nine miles from Route 9 in Wilmington and 29 miles from Interstate 91), the resort is just 2.5 hours from Boston and 4 hours from New York City.
hours of operation
Lift Hours of Operation:
Please see our Lift Schedule for summer operation hours
- Mountain Areas: Main Mountain, North Face, Sunbrook, Carinthia
- Total Acreage: 588
- Base Elevation: 1,900'
- Summit Elevation: 3,600'
- Vertical Drop: 1,700'
- Total Lifts: 20
- Tree Terrain Acreage: Available on all four mountain faces.
- Ability Level: 15% Green Circle, 70% Blue Square, 15% Black Diamond
- Hours of Operation: 9:00am - 4:00pm Midweek; 8:00am - 4:00pm Weekends/Holidays
- Snowmaking Coverage: 80%
- Terrain Parks: 100 acre Carinthia mountain face - 10 terrain parks and the super pipe
- Average Annual Snowfall: 156"
- Lift Capacity: 30,370 per hour
- Total Lifts: 20
- Six Passenger Bubble Chairs: 1
- High-Speed Quads: 3
- Fixed Quad: 1
- Triples: 6
- Doubles: 4
- Rope Tow: 1
- Magic Carpets: 4
Albany, NY: 1.5 hours, 68 miles
Hartford, CT: 2.25 hours, 117 miles
Boston, MA: 2.5 hours, 127 miles
Providence, RI: 3 hours, 139 miles
New York, NY: 4 hours, 213 miles
Philadelphia, PA: 6 hours, 291 miles
Washington DC: 8.5 hours, 425 miles
Click Here for driving directions
In order to provide our guests with the best experience possible, we ask that you not smoke in areas where there is a large concentration of people, including the following locations:
- Ticket Queues
- Lift Lines
- Chair Lifts
- Entrances to buildings (25 ft smoke free zone)
- Clocktower Child Care Deck
- Sundance Lodge Deck
- Carinthia Lodge Deck
- Station Tap Room front deck with glass walls (smoking allowed on back deck)
Cigarette Genies are positioned around the resort and we ask that you dispose of your cigarettes properly.
As much as we love man's best friend, for our guests and your pet's safety we do not allow dogs on the mountain.