Midweek Operations Update

Monday, November 28, 2016

Looking at the long range forecast we’ve had to make a few tough decisions.

Mount Snow will be closing this Tuesday and Wednesday, November 29-30 due to upcoming weather, and depending on conditions, may remain closed through Thursday to preserve snow and to allow our team to resurface before the weekend.

What this really comes down to, is that we pride ourselves on our commitment to safety, as well as an enjoyable skiing and riding experience, and looking at the next two days, we think it would be better to hold off than to try to open. Once the weather passes, our snowmaking and grooming teams are primed and ready to begin resurfacing operations to get the mountain back in action as soon as possible.

Of course, there is good news. We are currently making snow on Ridge and Nitro, with plans to expand terrain for the weekend of December 3rd. Looking out, temps will drop at the end of the week and our plan is to resurface any areas in need and finish up on Ridge and Nitro. In addition to our efforts, Old Man Winter is going to help us out with a few snow flurries on Friday, and then what looks to be another great winter storm early next week.

In the meantime, I’m going to be at Station Tap Room on Wednesday nights for $4 drafts, because even though there’s no skiing, it doesn’t mean we can’t après! Find me there, and I just may buy you a round.

For updates and additional info, please refer to our snow report at: www.mountsnow.com/snow-report

Thanks for understanding, and we’ll get you all back up there as soon as possible.



comments powered by Disqus