9 Things You Didn’t Know About Golfing at Mount Snow
Tuesday, June 6, 2017
1. Founded in 1978, The Original Golf School at Mount Snow was one of the country's first golf schools and continues to be one of the most trusted programs in the golf world. In keeping with its heritage, The Original Golf School was voted Best Golf School in the Northeast by Golf Digest Magazine for 2017!
2. The Mount Snow Golf Club offers a variety of weekly league play throughout the summer, including men’s, ladies’ and junior leagues. These league nights are a great opportunity to meet new friends, enjoy time with old friends, and have a fun nine-hole round with the chance at winning some good stuff!
3. While it hasn’t happened this year, there have been times when play has been interrupted by black bears!
4. Fairways Restaurant, located at the clubhouse, has introduced Saturday evening live music for the 2017 season, and Sunday brunch is back, both of which have already proven to be favorites among locals and visitors alike!
5. The Mount Snow Golf Club was recently named one of the Top 10 Resort Courses in the country by SKI Magazine.
6. The course was designed by the award-winning course designer Geoffrey Cornish, who also did the nearby Stratton Mountain Golf Club (although we think he did a better job with ours!).
7. Back by popular demand, Friday Night Nine and Dine will start up again on July 1, offering couples nine-hole match against other couples, followed by dinner and drinks at Fairways Restaurant.
8. While you don’t have to be a member to play, membership does offer some great benefits, including the ability to attend the members-only events held throughout the season, including the annual Member-Guest Tournament Weekend.
9. Opening in early May and running through October, the Mount Snow Golf Club has more operating days each year than any other activity at Mount Snow, including skiing!
See you on the links!