Thanksgiving Top Ten
Thursday, November 17, 2016
Thursday, Nov 17. I was just up at the summit and much of the snow we made is holding. And with temps dropping on Sunday we will be back at it. The plan is to be open in time for Thanksgiving (maybe sooner) and any updates will be reported on the snow report so start checking it daily!
Summit snow 11.17.16
As you can see, despite a warm up the snow is still holding on. I hope you have plans to join us for the Thanksgiving Weekend. Along with skiing and riding we have lots of other activities going on so here's my Top 10 suggestions for an outstanding long weekend.
1. Pete invites you back to The Tap Room for a homecoming on Wed, Nov 23rd. Stop by for $4 drafts and raise a glass to Mount Snow's 62nd year of skiing. Our food and beverage director, Michael Giorgio, suggests the following:
Burlington Beer Company - It's Complicated Being A Wizard Double IPA (I am trying this one just based on the name)
Maine Beer Company - Beer III
14th Star Brewing - Golden Wheat Ale
2. The full turkey dinner with all the trimmings is being served at Harriman's Restaurant starting at 2 pm on Thanksgiving. Or you can order a feast to go! We will cook up an entire Thanksgivng Feast and pack it up for you and you can serve it in the comfort of your home. And there will be zero fighting over who gets stuck with the dishes.
3. On Friday join us for our annual Turkey Hangover Hillclimb and work off that extra stuffing. If an uphill climb sounds a bit ambitious, hike over to Carinthia and check out the new Grommet lift.
New Grommet lift at Carinthia. Photo taken 11.18.16. Today she carried her first passenger up the hill successfully.
4. One of my favorites...go shopping! New gear is arriving daily and all of our shops, including the Cupola will be open for the Thanksgiving weekend. Our Thanksgiving raffle at Mount Snow Sports in the Grand is taking place. Stop by by anytime (you don't have to make a purchase) and get your tickets for the Saturday afternoon drawing. Great prizes, including pie (yum). And when you are done in the ski shops there is plenty more in the villages of Dover and Wilmington. Stop by the River Valley Market and pick up a birdseed wreath for just $15. These are being sold by our local Rotary Club and help fund so many worthwhile causes in the Deerfield Valley. Makes a great hostess gift for all those holiday parties!
5. Treat yourself to a massage at our spa, located in the Grand Summit Resort Hotel. C'mon, you are soooo worth it!
6. The Snow Barn opens for the season on Friday, Nov 25th, with a great line up. Live entertainment on Friday and Saturday. On Saturday, Drunk and in the Woods is playing - another interesting name selection. You should check it out - I'll be in bed!
7. Bruce Jacques is back and will be spreading his charm in Cuzzin's on both Friday and Saturday, apres ski. Grab your turkey hat and sing a long.
8. At 6pm on Saturday night we will celebrate big time with our annual Torchlight Parade, Fireworks and a visit from Santa.
9. Right after the fireworks, our local Chamber of Commerce will host the Cool Running in the Valley Auction, on Cuzzin's Deck. Sounds cool, right? It is! Purchase a paddle for $10 and bid on one of the toboggan's painted by local artists. I have been checking them out and they are sweet.
10. Before you head out on Sunday, stop by and see your ole' friends at the Grind. Leave your skis or board with them and they will tune your equipment into tip-top-shape. And if you are organized and took care of your gear at the end of last season, KUDOS to you.
Welcome back. We are so excited to put together a stand out year for you. See you on the hill.