Freestyle Development 12.8.18
Monday, November 26, 2018
Greetings Devo parents!
We are off to an amazing start on the hill with a blanket of new snow already here and more to come over the week the mountain is in great shape for skiing. The staff has been making preparations in anticipation of first day and we can not wait to see you all on the 8th.
I personally can't wait to get to know you all this winter. If you would like to find out a little about me there is a blog entry below. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and am Iooking forward to seeing you on the 8th. Please read on to see our first day checklist and other important information.
CHECKLIST FOR OPENING DAY
- Get your gear checked out and ready to go.
- Does the helmet fit?
- Are the goggles clean and able to provide good visibility?
- Face masks, clean and dry.
- All mountain twin tip skis are ideal for Devo Freestyle.
- Boots should be comfortable and soft enough to flex the knee cap over the toe piece of the binding.
- Be sure to have mittens and gloves and always send a set of hand warmers in the pocket.
- Dress the children in warm layers based on the daily temps, have extras accessible.
- Be sure to properly hydrate (with water) and feed them for performance. (limit sugar, encourage high energy/high vibration food intake - fruits, veggies, nuts, proteins, healthy fats).
- Give them more water - yes, I wrote that twice. - No not sugared energy drinks.
A Devo schedule of events will be posted to the blog, we will have Devo coaching available at all 3 Grommet Jam events. These events fill up fast so please get to the website to learn more and register. There are 3 Grommet Jams, please enter as many as you feel your child will want to attend. If you have questions about competition or would like to find out more about the competitive side of freestyle at Mount Snow email email@example.com.
Devo events on the calendar are listed below. These will be experiential events designed to immerse youngsters in the different freestyle disciplines. There will be more information coming about these as we get closer to the dates.
|December 29, 2018||Park Day|
|January 26, 2019||Mogul Day|
Head Freestyle Coach MSTC
MOUNT SNOW, VERMONT
USSA 400 Ariel