Freestyle Comp 2/18-2/20
Friday, February 17, 2017
Hi Freestyle Family,
Snow last week, snow this week … it is good to see the mountain fully open where we can shred the whole mountain.
This weekend, 2/18, 2/19 and 2/20
- The A Mogul skiers have a meet at Waterville
- The rest of the team is home again
- We do have training on Monday, President’s Day … I double checked the schedule this time.
- The last Grommet Jam is also on Monday, 2/20 for the younger freeride athletes
Next weekend, 2/25 and 2/26
- The Freeride team will be competing in a Rail Jam and then a Slopestyle events at Stratton.
The next USASA event: Just because the next USASA event is next weekend. Please don’t wait to register. The next USASA events are a Rail Jam and Slopestyle events on 2/25 and 2/26 at Stratton. We are getting down to the wire for earning points for nationals.!
Practice Jump is being rebuilt! The Carinthia park staff has searched and found a spot to squeeze in our training jump. They are looking to put up a training jump for the Freestyle team the top section of Nitro. We are psyched to get to train on a good, safe jump. Big thanks to Wayne and Benny (Carinthia park manager) for making it happen. Please swing over if you see us jumping.
Mogul Course Build: Now that we have some snow, there will be moguls all over the mountain! In addition we are looking to build a training bump course on Exhibition. We haven’t given up on Beartrap yet, but Beartrap needs a bit of work still. Look for a few zipper lines on Exhibition parallel to Ego tomorrow morning for all to ski!
Looking forward to great 3 days on the hill with the team.
Scott D. Lafferty
Head Coach, Mount Snow Freestyle Team