Alpine Comp 12.7-12.8.19
Saturday, December 7, 2019
Hello MSTC Alpine team,
With the storm from early in the week, the mountain is in great shape to kickoff our 2019-20 ski season! This weekend is the only weekend that we operate our program from 9:00-3:30. Every other weekend we operate from 8:00-2:30. We have a parents/athlete meeting at MSSC lunchroom on Dec 14st so please save the date! We will have a large meeting, then age group meeting, and dinner hosted by Mount Snow Ski Club.
This weekend all ages will be on SL skis or the single pair you have. Our focus this weekend is to make sure we ski nice round turns and using a pole plant to keep you moving down the hill. Also, we’ll focus on balancing on your skis every morning and before every race. If you are skiing in balance over both feet and skis, the skis will perform as they should. Bracing or having one leg longer will put you out of balance and skis won’t turn right. Coaches will be working this idea all winter so ask questions and have fun! All the hard work ends in better skiing=faster race times. Sunday we will have a couple of brush courses for us to work on our skiing in a set turn distance.
Please make sure that all permission forms/risk waivers have been filled out. Below are the links that you will need to submit before your athlete can participate in the program. After submitting paperwork you will need to stop by my office, 2nd floor of the Training Center/Ski Club, to pick up a sticker for the back of their seasons pass.
1. Mount Snow Training Center 2019-2020 Admission Form - www.bit.ly/mstc20reg
2. Mount Snow MSTC Indemnification 2019-20 - www.bit.ly/mstc20release
Coaches and meeting spots:
- U10 Fire pit
- Galen Kemp Head Coach; Chris McCathron, Jeff Sullivan, Lucas Schultz
- U12 outside mount snow sports by 15 foot bullwheel from a lift
- Jay Switzer Head Coach; Jon Mathteke, and Andrew Colleran
- U14 Outside Lunch room window by snow pile
- Brian O’Conner, Sonny Brookes, Scott Rotman, Pepe Torras, and Alex Welter
- I will be assisting and can answer any questions about staffing please reach out
- U16/19 By light pole across from snow pile where U14 meet
- Mike Workman Head Coach; Dave Parsons, and Jeff Funk
- Sunday schedule lunch meeting at noon MSSC parents/athletes
Looking forward to the weekend, here we go!!
Training Center Manager