Alpine Competition 12.1-12.2.18
Wednesday, November 28, 2018
Hello MSTC Alpine Team,
Here comes the first weekend of the season!! And with the storm coming in, we couldn’t be happier to have all this snow to kick off our competition program. If you haven’t picked up your program sticker, get you legal forms to Nancy ASAP. All athletes need their sticker before they can ski Saturday. We operate from 8 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. (as long as Mount Snow is running lifts).
All kids should have their Slalom skis on for both days this weekend. We will do some directed free skiing in our groups this Saturday. Sunday we will have a bunch of stuff for athletes to run full SL gates for the older group U16/19, skills quest, Slalom Stubbies, and brush courses for all ages.
Important news for this Saturday: We will be having parent meetings in the Ski Club followed up with dinner for our team. Everyone should meet in the lunch room of the Ski Club ay 3:30 for a few words from me and then we will break out to your athlete’s age groups with their coaches to go over schedules and answer questions. The dinner will follow after age group meetings end. Mount Snow Ski Club will be providing Soft Drinks, Salad and Calzones. Families are highly encouraged to bring hor d’oeuvres and their beverage of choice.
Coaches and meeting spots (at 8 a.m. for the programs this season):
- U10 Fire pit
- Galen Kemp Head Coach; Lucas Schultz, Chris McCathron, and Sanderson Kemp
- U12 By light pole outside kids playground
- Jay Switzer Head Coach; Jon Mathteke, Alex Welter, and Andrew Colleran
- U14 Outside Lunch room window by snow pile
- Dave Sklar Head Coach; Brian O’Conner, Scott Rotman, and Sonny Brookes
- U16/19 By light pole across from snow pile where U14 meet
- Mike Workman Head Coach; Jeff Sullivan, Dave Parsons, and Pepe Torras
Training Center Manager
MOUNT SNOW, VERMONT