Vans Hi-Standard Series Heads To Carinthia Parks At Mount Snow
Mount Snow, VT. – Jan 28, 2017 – The Vans Hi-Standard Series heads to Carinthia Parks at Mount Snow on Feb 4, 2017 for an all-ages contest inviting snowboarders to showcase true style and expression in an exciting open-jam format.
The inclusive snowboard contest will feature an original big air jam format where riders are judged by individual style only, with no rotations over 720 permitted. During the four judging sessions of the Hi-Standard event – two in the morning and two in the afternoon – competitors will earn $5 for every trick deemed worthy, with no limit to individual winnings.
The “Van Doren Rail Best Trick” which kicks off at 3 p.m. will grant cash on the spot for the most creative maneuvers while Vans rewards the “Most Improved Rider,” “Worst Bail,” and names a deserving MVP. With no spins over a 720 allowed, only the most inventive competitors will be considered for the billing.
- 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. - Registration
- 10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. - Practice/warm-up
- 11:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. - Paid Session – 15 years and under and 30+
- 11:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. - Paid Session – 16 years and up
- 12:30 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. - Lunch and Course Maintenance
- 1:15 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. - Paid Session – 15 years and under and 30+
- 2:00 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. - Paid Session – 16 years and up
- 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. - Van Doren Best Trick Contest
- 4:15 p.m. – Awards Ceremony
Information on this and other events can be found at /events
About Mount Snow
Mount Snow is a premier four season resort located in the Green Mountains of Southern Vermont featuring four mountain faces of downhill skiing and snowboarding – including the East’s #1 Terrain Park, Carinthia – slopeside lodging and golf at the acclaimed Mount Snow Golf Club as well as flexible wedding and conference facilities. Other activities include snow tubing, ski lessons, snowboard lessons, downhill mountain biking and a full schedule of festivals and events. Mount Snow is a member of the Peak Resorts family. To learn more about Mount Snow visit mountsnow.com